Nothing ruins a good day like a clogged, overflowing toilet.
The plumbers atPlumb Tech want to make sure your toilet plumbing is perfect, so we’ve compiled a list of common plumbing problems–as well as signs that it’s time to bring in the experts to help you with your toilet plumbing problems.
Here are a few common toilet plumbing problems:
- Toilet doesn’t flush–or doesn’t flush all the way
- Water trickles into the bowl (also called “phantom flushes)
- Toilet overflows when flushed
- Toilet constantly fills with water. Some people call this a “running toilet.” Basically, you will hear the sound of the tank refilling–and refilling–and refilling.
- Bowl empties slowly.
- Toilet is loose and can shift/rock when people sit on it.
- Toilet tank is always empty
- Too little water in toilet bowl (which can result in items left behind in the bowl after a flush)
- Multiple flushes–when you push the lever once, but the toilet goes for the gold–and flushes twice.
- Leaky seals
- Worn ball cock valve that results in moaning (usually heard at night)
- Whistling toilets
There are also several major problems such as:
- Toilet bowl or tank cracking, fracturing, or leaking water.
- Toilet installation and/or replacement
If you notice any of these common plumbing problems, don’t hesitate to call us – your Portland and Gresham plumbing company with years of experience. We can help you with any plumbing job, and we are always here to offer advice, suggestions, and a helping hand.